Sunday, August 09, 2009

Kodak Gallery -- download script

I have some photos that I uploaded to Kodak Gallery (2002-2003). Now, I want those photos back .. going into each album, viewing the picture then downloading the picture. Luckily, I found a script does all the grunt work for me.

Axon Flux has a great Ruby script that easily downloads all your albums into separate folders. I modified the script based on the comments and validated that it works in Windows-XP.

First, install Ruby for Windows (http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstaller)
Then install the 'mechanize' and 'fileutils' addons:
At a prompt type: c:\Program Files\Ruby\bin\gem install mechanize fileutils

Modify the ruby script with your KodakGallery username and password.
Now run the ruby script: ruby ruby_script.rb

It's that easy!

No comments: